Willistown / Radnor
Willistown Township is a township in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 10,497 at the 2010 census. At the 1860 census, the population of Willistown was 1,521, and in 1980 it was 8,269. Originally settled by Lenni Lenape Native Americans, Willistown Township was part of the 50,000 acres Welsh Tract surveyed for William Penn in 1684. The Holmes Map of 1681 is the first reference to Willistown, calling it “Willeston”. In 1704, Willistown was organized as a township.
Bartram’s Covered Bridge, Garrett Farmstead, Okehocking Historic District, Sugartown Historic District, and White Horse Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Radnor is an unincorporated community in Radnor Township of Delaware County and Tredyffrin Township of Chester County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It lies near the communities of Villanova and St. Davids, and is served by the SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line of Regional Rail and the Norristown High Speed Line. The community includes the estates of Woodcrest (now Cabrini College), Walmarthon (now Eastern University), Bolingbroke, Rock Rose, and The Woods. Nearby places of worship include St. David’s Episcopal Church, whose graveyard and buildings (begun in 1715) are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Among the companies based in Radnor are real estate company Brandywine Realty Trust, energy company Penn Virginia, insurer Lincoln National, wholesaler VWR and technology company QlikTech.